Click here to download the Uniform list and prices from Hannas
Uniform items are available through Hannas in Ruthven Street, Toowoomba. The College operates a second-hand clothing shop, located in classroom N8 off Margaret Street. For opening hours, please view the second hand uniform shop link here, or contact reception.
- Trousers long & shorts (Exclusive College navy with College name)–from Term 3 2012, (available from Hannas only).
- Shirt – regulation blue, long or short sleeve. – White for Years 11 and 12 students only.
- Woollen knitted Jumper - St Mary’s design only, from Term 3 2012 (available from Hannas only). Only to be worn with College uniform
- Tie – may only be removed after morning mentor in Terms 1 & 4. To be put back on before afternoon mentor.
- Socks – dark for those with long trousers. Navy (with turn-over tops) and College colours, for those with shorts; and garters. Socks must be kept up to the bottom of the kneecap.
- Belt – black or navy blue only.
- Shoes – polished black clean lace-up leather (jogger style, canvas, boots, pointed, skate shoes, slip-ons are not permitted).
- Hat – College broad, brimmed hat. Embroidered with name appropriately placed on the outside, unfaded, with no whiteout or colouring, untorn with the crest worn to the front and with no other disfigurement.
- Senior School (Year 11 &12) Blazer and Senior Hat – compulsory 2012, except Year 12. (Available from Hannas only) hat to be unfaded, with no whiteout or colouring, untorn with the crest worn to the front and with no other disfigurement-only to be worn with College uniform.
- St Mary’s College navy scarf - (optional) in winter, can be worn with the College jumper.
- St Mary’s College Bag-3 sizes available. Name must be embroidered on the outside just above the school crest. Compulsory 2012 (available from Hannas only).
- Primary boys wear full sports uniform to College on Fridays. Secondary boys wear full sports uniform on Wednesdays.
- Sports’ shorts with school crest (Available at Hannas only). Compulsory 2012.
- College sport shirt
- Socks – Quarter white socks or quarter white socks with navy blue bands only. Football socks are not to worn as part of the uniform or anklet socks are optional. St Mary’s anklet socks are the only ones permitted to be worn.
- College tracksuit bottom–pants with St Mary’s on the side–only to be worn with the sporting uniforms.
- College zip up spray jacket—only to be worn with the sporting uniforms, from Term 3, 2012—not compulsory (can wear jumper with tracksuit bottom)
- Sport shoes are to be lace up, predominately white joggers, not slip-ons.
- House Shirt (optional)
Wearing of the uniform and appearance
- Clean and neat wearing of the school uniform is part of a student’s responsibility in attending St Mary’s College. It is seen as a sign of students’ sense of self-respect, and their willingness to be part of the St Mary’s community.
- All students are expected to wear full, correct uniform. Students, who are unable to wear any part of the uniform, should have a note signed by parent/carer(s). Failure to wear the full & complete uniform will lead to immediate removal from class until rectified. Students must wear the full uniform in public, not parts of the uniform mixed with other clothing e.g. going home after sports training.
- Hats are compulsory and must be worn at all times when not in a building. This includes travelling to and from school.
- Students doing Applied Technology and Design subjects must wear school leather shoes at these lessons at all times.
- If clothing has to be worn under the school uniform, it must only be a plain white T-shirt or singlet.