The Library serves St Mary’s College by making learning the touchstone of all Library activities and decisions, helping prepare students for a complex future in a global world. The Teacher Librarian and staff members provide high-quality, personal interaction with students and staff; build and maintain a strong user-focused collection to support curricular needs. The Library fosters collegiality and cooperation while promoting respect, embracing diversity and encouraging pursuit of intellectual growth and excellence.
Search the Catalogue: http://smc.twbceo.cmeweb.libcode.com.au/
Ask a Librarian: email@example.com
Facilities and Services
St Mary’s College Library offers the school community a range of resources to support teaching and learning and to encourage reading. In our Library, you will find fiction, non-fiction, graphic novels, audiobooks, ebooks, magazines, newspapers, audio visual equipment, DVDs and computers.
Tuesday – Thursday: 8.00am – 4.00pm
Friday: 8.00am – 3.30pm
Years 5 - 6: 5 items per student
Years 7 – 9: 6 items per student
Years 10 - 12: 8 items per student
14 day loans (optional renewal)
7 day loans for magazines
- Check out your resources at the Circulation Desk
- Renew your books regularly
- Overdue notices are issued through your mentor weekly
- If you have lost a book please see Library staff asap
- Any overdue books not returned will be billed to a student's account at the end of Term
Returns and Overdue Books
Books are to be returned by the due date and placed in the “Returns” chute at the circulation desk. Overdue books that are not returned will be charged to accounts at the end of each term. Overdue notices are issued to students on a weekly basis in their mentor groups. If you receive an overdue notice, please come to the circulation desk to either renew or return your book. If you have lost a library book please see the library staff and complete a Lost Book Form.
- RESPECT others and Library property
- Assignment work has priority when using computers
- Please check with Library staff before using USB devices
- No eating or drinking in the Library
- Bags are to be left on the bag racks in the Library foyer
- Students coming to the library from class must have a permission slip signed by their teacher.
St Mary’s College Secondary Library
129 West Street
Toowoomba Qld 4350
Ph: (07) 46 317 338
Fax: (07) 46 317 399